Saturday, May 06, 2006

Kentucky Derby

The Kentucky Derby will take place this afternoon at Churchhill Downs located in Louisville, Kentucky. My pick for the Kentucky Derby this year is Point Determined. Bob Baffert is the trainer. Rafael Bejarano is the jockey. The Robert & Beverly Lewis Trust (Beverly Lewis) is the owner. Bowman & Higgins Stable & Robert N. Clay (MD) is the breeder.

Point Determined is from the first crop of recent racing superstar Point Given - the 2001 Horse of the Year after dominant performances in the Gr. I Preakness and Gr. I Belmont Stakes, and Point Determined looks like a carbon copy of his sire with his imposing stature. Also, Merengue, Point Determined's dam, is a daughter of Broad Brush, which is another strong stamina influence. I think Point Determined has a pretty good chance of winning the Kentucky Derby given these points.

I picked Point Determined because of his name. Likewise, Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man is determined to point out the importance of yard safety awareness. If Point Determined had a lawn mower accident and chopped-off part of his hoof, he would most likely not be able to compete in the Kentucky Derby. Also, I really like the State of Kentucky and the City of Louisville. It is a beautiful part of America. Kentucky is much more than thoroughbred horses and bluegrass country. Also, Louisville is host to the 2006 International Lawn, Garden & Power Equipment Exposition to be held October 6-8, 2006. In the meantime, please enjoy the "most exciting two minutes in sports" - The Kentucky Derby.

Think before you cut. It hurts. (tm) Point Determined.

Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man
http://www.rescuerick.com
Visit My Website

1 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I had a life, I would probably have watched the finest two minutes in sports. But, lo, I am but a humble Supervisor at the Alcoa plant in Grove City, and as such, I dutifully give my time to the company. However, in what remains of my time, I must maintain my home, and from time to time, cut the grass. Learning from my experience at Alcoa, I know that safety supercedes everything. Therefore, when I cut the grass, I wear appropriate PPE, including ear protection, metatarsal boots and gloves. I try to think before I cut, because it hurts. Keep up the good work. Can you guess who I am?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home