Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Carnegie Mellon

President Cohon:

I look forward to your presentation this evening at the Ronald Reagan building in Washington, D.C. I have been looking forward to meeting you for several years now. I want to introduce myself to you and thank you for your extra efforts in reaching out to me.

I do not want to portray myself as some kind of cry-baby. That is not what made Carnegie Mellon great. Nonetheless, with regards to the sign-up sheet for your presentation via the Carnegie Mellon Alumni Events website, my entry has been repeatedly deleted. I have contacted the Alumni office with no explanation. I do not understand.

Richard Mudrinich
Yard Safety Superhero
Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man
Tepper 1993

I do not understand why this is repeatedly deleted. This is my only job. I chopped-off part of my left with a lawnmower, and I have become the only yard safety advocate in America. In true Carnegie Mellon fashion, I am applying my Carnegie Mellon education by utilizing a "cross-campus" approach in advancing yard safety awareness. For instance, my character Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man is a renaissance yardman who utilizes various art forms to communicate my yard safety message. I do not see the concern to repeatedly delete me from the Carnegie Mellon community; Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man serves a purpose similar to Smoky the Bear and McGruff the Crime Dog. The difference is that I do not have millions of dollars supporting my initiative. I am trying to boot-strap my campaign as a social entrepreneur. Next, I am designing and developing yard safety gear, including innovative yard safety footwear. I am trying to establish Yard Safety Awareness Day. I am exploring software companies to develop yard safety software in conjunction with insurance companies. I am trying to find a cure for yard accidents via a cognitive psychology approach to reduce "stupid human tricks." I have become a painter, using both my right hand and left foot to convey my passion for yard safety awareness. In short, my approach to increase yard safety awareness and reduce yard accidents is inspired by my Carnegie Mellon education. Please visit my website http://www.rescuerick.com/ for additional information.

Again, I look forward to meeting you at the Carnegie Mellon event. Also, for all the naysayers of my life work, I will be wearing a blue suit, white shirt, and red & blue striped necktie; I know enough to leave the Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man uniform at home. Also, I realize that some Carnegie Mellon alumni have nice traditional successful careers. Nonetheless, I am an innovator with a social purpose. For instance, if Andy Warhol did not innovate, there would be no Andy Warhol Museum - in Pittsburgh; he followed his gut and heart.

In the meantime, I seek a new day job that pays closer to the needs and expectations of a Tepper MBA. I have attached my resume. My heart is in my work also; I am a Carnegie Mellon alum. I wish that I could work with some Carnegie Mellon alumni. Thank you for all of your contributions to the Carnegie Mellon community.

Sincerely,

Richard T. Mudrinich
Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man
228 Walker Road, #2
Great Falls, VA 22066
703-851-9105 (Cell)
richard.mudrinich@hotmail.com
http://www.rescuerick.com
Visit My Website

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home