Saturday, May 14, 2005

Radio On-Air

I am getting more radio appearances. During the past few weeks, I have been on Ocean 98 "Bulldog & the Rude Awakening" (WOCM) in Ocean City, Maryland; 98.9 KQRC "Morning Show with Johnny Dare" in Kansas City, Missouri; Z93 WKQZ "Joe & The Poorboy" in Saginaw, Michigan; SPIN 103.8 "SPIN Talk with Jack & Ali" in Dublin, Ireland, etc.

Recently, I was on the WPLR 99.1 ("Connecticut's #1 Rock Station") "Chaz and AJ" radio show on Tuesday, May 10th to promote yard safety. I have pasted the link http://wplr.com/caj/log.html and section from "Chaz and AJ" web log for your review.

"Our next guest was quite a piece of work... Rescue Rick.Rick is from Pennsylvania; and he cut his toe off with his lawn mower. Ever since then he's made it his mission to discuss "lawn mower safety". He's compiled a website at Rescue Rick.com complete with pictures of his foot minus the big toe, pictures of him mowing his grass in a cape, and looking like any of the nerds in the Revenge of the Nerds movies.If you want to know more about lawn mower safety; or if you'd like to see the website of a really bizarre person... check out Rescue Rick.com. Check out the Merchandise Shop complete with T-shirts."

I really appreciate these radio appearances, however, I want to make one comment. I do not think that my campaign and character are bizarre. If I want to promote grass cut safety while mowing artificial turf, then that is bizarre. There are many thousands of people who get hurt each year with millions of potential candidates. It is a real and serious issue. It is not bizarre. Ironically, creative people who innovate are often times viewed as critically different. Nonetheless, I suggest that the slogan of Apple Computer is 'think different." At one time, I think that someone probably said that the computer was bizarre. The television was bizarre. The car was bizarre. The fax machine was bizarre. Yard safety super hero was bizarre. Think different.

I am looking forward to a yard safey awareness segment, featuring Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man, to be broadcast over 1010 WINS in New York City next week. Thank you for the huge opportunity.

Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man (sm)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home