Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Dana Reeve Tribute

I am really saddened by the death of Dana Reeve. She was absolutely phenomenal in her devotion to her family, especially during times of adversity. As a disabled person (amputee), I am grateful for her dedicated efforts as a visible trailblazer driving to find a cure for paralysis. She was so wonderful. Also, I really feel for Will Reeve. Like his parents, he is another great person.

I have created Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man as the voice of my yard safety awareness advocacy. As Rescue Rick, I am the first yard safety super hero in the history of the world. Nonetheless, I am grateful for the symbolism and leadership of Superman and all of the actors who played Superman, including Christopher Reeve. Like many, Dana and Christopher Reeve made an impact on me. They were the beautiful people who were dealt a blow of intense adversity. They demonstrated to the world what made them special people beyond their outward beauty and charm. They beamed with inward beauty and wanted to make a difference and find a cure for paralysis. They were both superhereos in real life.

Incidentally, I purchased the Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man red cape at costume shop in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I was told by the owner of the shop that the red cape was made specifically for a production of "Superman" performed at a venue in the Pittsburgh Cultural District. Often times while putting on my red cape as Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man, I think of Superman and the warmth and determination of both Dana and Christopher Reeve. Also, I think of Jesus and what he did for all of us.

I am sometimes perceived as an idiot who had a lawn mower accident who now wants to play a yard safety super hero. It goes far beyond this impression. I want to find a cure for yard accidents. I do not want people and animals to get hurt. I am grateful for Dana and Christopher Reeve for providing a great example with their grace, innovation, and outreach.

Thank you Dana and Christopher Reeve. Dana and Christopher together again in Heaven.

When I die, I want to be buried in my Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man costume. That is my only wish.

Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man
http://www.rescuerick.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home