Monday, August 01, 2005

Rescue Rick Vietnam

Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man (sm) made another trip to the National Mall in Washington DC this past weekend.

The Vietnam Memorial is a very special and emotional place. I was a kid during the Vietnam War. Over the years, I have met many tremendous people who served in Vietnam. I will never really understand the experiences of these men and women. However, I acknowledged the emotions of a few Vietnam Veterans visiting the WALL to pay tribute to a fallen or missing buddy. Likewise, I saw family members paying respects to their loved ones.

Also, I had the pleasure of meeting Master Sergeant Ray Bows, the author of several works on the Vietnam War. In context, I spoke with Mr. Bows about my yard safety awareness campaign. He was a true gentleman. Also, he was signing books. I do not have much money as a result of my accident. Nonetheless, I was compelled to buy his book out of respect to all those who served in the Vietnam War. Ironically, Mr. Bows wrote on the inside cover of my book, "To Rescue Rick, Thanks for all the good work you do. This is the first time I've met a super hero in person! Best wishes. Ray Bows" Mr. Bows comments ooze modesty. He met thousands of super heroes - those who served America during the Vietnam War, including those individuals who gave their lives for their country and freedom.

In my own way, I want to acknowledge the millions of individuals who were mutilated in their own yard using outdoor power equipment. It was not the jungles of Vietnam. It was grass on American soil. Furthermore, millions of people all over the world have been mutilated by outdoor power equipment. I recognize that these situations did not involve a stressful war situation. These events took place while cutting grass. Therefore, I must cry out for people to think before they touch a piece of outdoor power equipment. It is not a weapon. It is a yard machine. Please read the owner's manual. Think and live safety.

NO MORE YARD EQUIPMENT MUTILATIONS, ACCIDENTS, AND FATALITIES!

Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man (sm)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home