Thursday, September 06, 2007

Tribute to Pavarotti

As a tribute to legendary tenor Luciano Pavarotti, Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man Opera wants to share the aria of Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man Opera.

Legendary tenor Luciano Pavarotti died Thursday at his home in Italy aged 71, plunging the opera world into mourning for a singer whose crossover appeal turned him into a global superstar.

Hailed by many as the greatest tenor of his generation, Pavarotti passed away during the night at his villa near the northern city of Modena after a long battle with pancreatic cancer.

Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man has written a very short opera to tell his story and express the pain and emotions associated with his lawn mower accident. The opera is a combination of an opera buffa (comedy) and verismo (real story). In an operatic baritone voice, Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man (sm) belts out the aria "I Cut Off My Big Toe and Some." Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man is truly a renaissance yardman. The libretto (text) is provided below:

"I Cut Off My Big Toe and Some"

I cut the grass.
I slipped.
I cut off my big toe.
I mulched my foot.
My shoe was mulched to shreds.
My wallet was mulched as well.
I pushed back the skin on the top of my foot.
I was in shock.I almost lost consciousness.
My foot was a bloody mess.
It hurt.
Ouch. Ouch. Ouch.
I yelled Help Help Help with no response.
I became calm and composed.
I ran instinctively to get help.
Rescue Rick was rescued.
Go get my big toe.
Morphine.
Antibiotics.
Surgery.
Recovery.
I wear special shoes.
I have a dream also.
Innovate and create.
Educate and communicate.
Entertain and impact.
Prevent yard accidents.
Think before you cut. It hurts!

RRtGCM

Richard T. Mudrinich
Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man
http://www.rescuerick.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home