Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The Pittsburgh Experiment

The Pittsburgh Experiment Works!

The Pittsburgh Experiment means so much to me. I have experienced some difficult times in my life. I have suffered for various reasons, including some difficult people and circumstances. I have always maintained a sense of hope through my faith in God. I really have a friend in Jesus. Furthermore, I am blessed with the existence of the Pittsburgh Experiment and all of the many wonderful people in the Pittsburgh faith-based community, especially Carter Birely. I have experienced many situations where people have thought that I was a flake or not worthy. As a divine channel, it was Carter Birely who expressed unconditional love to reach out and help me. Indeed, it is through his endless quest to help people that Carter carries on the spirit of the Pittsburgh Experiment.

Regardless of whatever happens to me in my life, the Pittsburgh Experiment has made a lasting mark on my soul. Presently, I am faced with another challenge. My mom has an aggressive case of uterine cancer. It is through my belief in God that I praise everything that my mom has done for me. Also, I believe that my mom will get better. In many eyes, I am a loser. My mom has never stopped believing in me. I may never really succeed in a traditional or materialistic sense. However, I have learned the most important gift of God, and that is to love and forgive everyone.

Likewise, from the early days of the Pittsburgh Experiment to today, it is unconditional love coupled with innovation, intelligence, and soul that has resulted in better overall lives for many many people. It really means a tremendous amount to me. THANK YOU!

About The Pittsburgh Experiment
(accessed from The Pittsburgh Experiment website)

The Experiment is a Christian inter-denominational ministry, which provides spiritual resources to business, professional and working people (including senior-management levels) and to area churches. Built on helping Western Pennsylvanians to apply their faith in day-to-day business relationships, The Experiment also has focused on individuals suffering from job stress and corporate downsizing. In its four and a half decades, The Experiment has had a positive long-term effect on thousands of lives. Its success has led to the establishment of similar groups in Cincinnati, Cleveland-Akron and Columbus (OH), Park Ridge (NJ), Jacksonville (FL), Mobile (AL) Portland (ME) and Jackson (MS), and also in Australia, Canada, East Africa, Sweden and Zaire. The Experiment has close ties to the ministry of the late Dr. Norman Vincent Peale via The National Experiment & Guideposts and its roots are linked to the founding of Alcoholics Anonymous. The current Executive Director is the Rev. Carter Bierly.

The Rev. Samuel Moor Shoemaker, whose ideas strongly influenced the founding of Alcoholics Anonymous, founded The Pittsburgh Experiment in 1955. From 1952-61, Dr. Shoemaker served as Rector of Calvary Episcopal Church of Pittsburgh, following a 26-year career as Rector of Calvary Protestant Episcopal Church in New York City. In 1955, Newsweek named him as one of the 10 greatest preachers in the United States, and Time profiled him in "God & Steel in Pittsburgh". In 1956, the Pittsburgh Jaycees named him Man of the Year in Religion. The birthing vision challenge for The Experiment in the 1950's was "to make Pittsburgh as famous for God as it is for steel". Former Directors include The Rev. William, H. Cohea ('55-'58), Mr. Paul M. Offill ('58-'60), The Rev. Donald T. James ('60-'69), and The Rev. Paul F. Everett ('69-'95).

The Pittsburgh Experiment name is a reference to the "30 Day Prayer Experiment". Many individuals are introduced to the ministry through this activity, which revolves around two or more people joining together daily in prayer for 30 days to pray about a circumstance in their personal or professional lives. Through praying, the individuals become more aware of God's presence in their lives. Sometimes those praying witness a resolution to the matter through a change in the circumstances, and sometimes they witness a change in themselves as a result of prayer.

Please visit http://www.pghexp.org for more information on The Pittsburgh Experiment. Indeed, The Pittsburgh Experiment works! THANK YOU!

Richard T. Mudrinich
Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man
http://www.rescuerick.com
Visit My Website

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home