Friday, April 13, 2007

Digital Totem Pole

The Native Americans who live in the Pacific Northwest use their giant trees to make beautiful art. The most well known type of art made by Pacific Northwest Natives is the totem pole. Totem poles are made for the purpose of telling a story! Some poles tell Native American legends, often about animals who did important things. The story that a totem pole tells is like a poem, which is read from the bottom to the top of the pole. Many things are said with only a few words. In this spirit, I introduce the concept of the digital totem pole (tm) to tell my story - the Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man "legend."

I have created a digital totem pole on my Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man website (http://www.rescuerick.com). It is a vertical stack of digital photographs and clip art that tells my yard accident story in reverse chronological order. I have always been intrigued by the art, the concept, and the origins of the totem pole. I salute Native Americans for a brilliant idea.

Richard T. Mudrinich
Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man
http://www.rescuerick.com
Visit My Website

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home