Monday, January 02, 2006

Courage Award

The Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man Courage Award (tm) was established in 2005 to recognize the contributions of an amputee who has demonstrated courage that has made a lasting impact. The award was established in honor of my Aunt Rosiland Mudrinich, who died on Christmas Day 2005. Aunt Roz underwent the amputation of her left leg four inches below the knee in mid-December 2005 despite a history of heart ailments. Aunt Roz was a glamorous person. Also, she reminded me of the importance of the phrase Carpe Diem (Seize the Day). While she was in the medical clinic recovering from surgery and starting rehabilitation, I received a phone call from my relatives asking me to give my aunt an uplifting phone call. I proscrastinated with the intention of giving her a call a few days later. She died before these "few days later" ever happened. Aunt Roz reinforced the importance of living in today. She was very courageous and made a lasting impact on many people. Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man learned the importance of promptly taking action.

In addition, I give special mention to my Bubba Victoria Mudrinich and my Grandad Homer Snyder who demonstrated significant courage with respect to their leg amputation experiences.

If you want to nominate a candidate for the Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man Courage Award (tm), please send an email to rtmudrinich@msn.com to the attention of Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man.

Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man Courage Award Recipients (tm)

2005 - Rosiland Mudrinich
2005 – Victoria Mudrinich
2005 – Homer Snyder


Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home