Saturday, January 08, 2005

Fashion

Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man (sm) prepares for the fashion runway. I lived in New York City for a decade, and I made some friends in fashion. I have designed the Rescue Rick Fashion Collection of fashion products to give people a wardrobe that communicates their concerns for yard safety. I want to strut my stuff on the catwalk as a super hero super model (laugh). I am in the process of trying to get on the fashion list at the upcoming "7th on Sixth / IMG Fashion Week" during the week of February 4-11, 2005 in New York City. With Spring in the air in just a few short months, I view this venue as a critical opportunity to communicate yard safety awareness and leverage this highly covered and promoted media extravaganza. There are about 100,000 lawn mower accidents and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission reports that emergency rooms treat about 400,000 outdoor garden-tool-related accidents in the United States each year. I want to the walk the runway at "7th on Sixth" with hopes to significantly reduce these painstaking statistics and keep people whole and save.

In essence, I want to try a few different approaches in getting the attention of the general public, so they will think twice before they cut the grass. Lawn mower accidents happen in a split-second, often resulting in a life-altering outcome that sometimes includes amputation. I learned this from first-hand experience when I amputated part of my left foot while cutting the grass. Also, I think that there is a real market for grass cut fashion™. I envision millions of people who demand a neat and stylish wardobe to wear while manicuring their lawn. It makes cutting the grass more fun and exciting. Furthermore, the Rescue Rick Fashion Collection™ presents a constant reminder of the importance of adhering to yard safety procedures. I want people think about my altered left foot, so it does not happen to them. Think before you cut. It hurts™.

Also, Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man (sm) proposes the establishment of the Amputee Fashion Show™, if this has not been done already. The event will showcase clothes and items designed by amputees and modeled by amputees. The Rescue Rick Fashion Collection™ will be featured as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home