Sunday, June 28, 2020

The Rescue Rick Opera

The Rescue Rick Opera © 

Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man (sm) has written a very short opera to tell his story and express the pain and emotions associated with his lawn mower accident. The opera is a combination of an opera buffa (comedy) and verismo (real story). In an operatic baritone voice, Rescue Rick (sm) belts out the aria “I Cut Off My Big Toe and Some.” Rescue Rick (sm) is truly a renaissance yardman. The libretto (text) is provided below: 

“I Cut Off My Big Toe and Some” 
I cut the grass. 
I slipped. 
I cut off my big toe. 
I mulched my foot. 
My shoe was mulched to shreds. 
My wallet was mulched as well. 
I pushed back the skin on the top of my foot. 
I was in shock. 
I almost lost consciousness. 
My foot was a bloody mess. 
It hurt. 
Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. 
I yelled Help Help Help with no response. 
I became calm and composed. 
I ran instinctively to get help. 
Rescue Rick was rescued. 
Go get my big toe. 
Morphine. 
Antibiotics. 
Surgery. 
Recovery. 
I have a dream also. 
Innovate and create. 
Educate and communicate. 
Entertain and impact. 
Prevent yard accidents. 
Think before you cut. It hurts!™ 

#opera #buffa #verismo #RRtGCM #RescueRickTheGrassCutMan

Richard T. Mudrinich
Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home