Thursday, April 26, 2018

Babette

I developed a passion for disabled and challenged persons at a young age. As a child, I had a dog named Babette who developed a condition called "floating kneecaps." In essence, her kneecaps would slip out of place, and she would drag her legs or walk only on her front paws. Furthermore, Babette had a very sweet personality. She loved everyone. Furthermore, I reached out to Babette recognizing some of her physical limitations and admiring her many positive characteristics. Unfortunately, Babette was killed by a car during a visit by one of my relatives who let Babette out to get some fresh-air. I did not learn about this until it was too late. It was a very sad day because Babette embodied a spirit of innocence and love for all animals and people. Babette was a wonderful little doggy.

After my lawn mower accident, I had a series of surgeries to care for the partial amputation of left foot. Often times, I thought about my little brave doggy Babette who made such a profound impact on everyone who met her. I gained some inspiration and strength from that little doggy.

In the spirit of Babette, I have developed a passion for disabled persons and disabled animals. Actually, I am now a disabled person. Citizen Kane had Rosebud. Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man had Babette.

Richard T. Mudrinich
Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man
http://www.rescuerick.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home