Thursday, June 18, 2009

Carnegie Mellon

Richard “Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man” Mudrinich graduated from the Carnegie Mellon Tepper School of Business in May 1993. I was a marketing and entrepreneurship major with a natural passion for small business. Since graduating, I have maintained my passion for Carnegie Mellon University and its collaborative environment across all academic disciplines. In essence, Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man is a renaissance yard man who utilizes various art forms to promote yard safety awareness and advance various innovative yard safety products and services. For instance, Carnegie Mellon is a leader in many academic fields, including business, computer science, drama, engineering, psychology, robotics, etc. I had a vision to collaborate with Carnegie Mellon on Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man yard safety initiatives. I contacted a few key individuals over the past few years with my entrepreneurial inspirations. I wish that I could talk with Dr. Randy Pausch about my interactions with Carnegie Mellon. It appears that on several occasions Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man was the inspiration for several projects, including the spin-off of an edutainment workplace safety software company without me – not very nice.

(February 2004)
Carnegie Mellon University – President Jared Cohon

I have corresponded with President for several years since I had my lawn mower accident.
In addition, I was a volunteer with the MIT Enterprise Forum of New York City for a decade. (President Cohon received his PhD from MIT.)
Also, I got to know Dr. Dave D’Appolonia via the MIT Enterprise Forum of Pittsburgh.
I have contacted President Cohon several times with regards to various products and services related to RRtGCM yard safety, including yard safety footwear and yard safety software.

(February 2004)
Carnegie Mellon University – Dr. Thomas Emerson and Dean Ken Dunn

I graduated from the Carnegie Mellon Tepper School of Business.
I contacted Dr. Emerson and Dr. Dunn to ask for their assistance in developing my various RRtGCM yard safety products and services.
In particular, I sent them emails to notify them that I was developing yard safety footwear.

(May 2005)
Dr. John Lehoczky – Carnegie Mellon University – Dean, College of Humanities and Social Sciences

I sent Dr. Lehoczky an email (May 4, 2005) to explore the possibility of working with Carnegie Mellon University on a research study to find a cure for yard accidents with a focus on cognitive psychology.

Dean Lehoczky:
I want to find a cure for outdoor power equipment accidents. I graduated from the Carnegie Mellon Tepper School of Business (MBA 1993), and I have become an advocate and promoter of yard safety, featuring my character Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man (sm). Incidentally, I had a lawn mower accident about a year ago that resulted in the partial amputation of my left foot.
It is the Spring Season. Each year, there are about 100,000 lawn mower and 400,000 garden-tool-related accidents, as well as over 200 fatalities. During the past year, I have developed some relationships with various organizations with an attempt of spearheading a collaborative effort to finally solve this problem. During some preliminary conversations, I have been told that the majority of outdoor power equipment accidents could have been prevented; they are the result of “stupid human tricks” and “lack of common sense.” Apparently, there is a significant disconnect between human behavior and the real danger of the outdoor power equipment. I liken my observation to the electric bug zapper lights; the bug does not think it will get hurt until it is fried to a crisp. For some strange reason, most people are very careless and lack awareness with regards to the frequency and severity of these often times brutal and life-altering accidents. They do not think that they will get hurt until it is too late. My new life goal is to reduce outdoor power equipment accidents to zero.
I recognize that Carnegie Mellon University has one of the top psychology programs in the world, especially in cognitive psychology. I would be thrilled to speak with the appropriate individual
regarding this significant phenomenon that results in so many yard accidents each year.
Furthermore, I am an advocate and promoter of yard safety, featuring my character Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man (sm). Please visit my website http://www.rescuerick.com for additional information and my BLOG http://rescuerick.blogspot.com for interactive feedback. Also, I strive to educate and entertain. Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man (sm) is a renaissance yardman utilizing various art forms to communicate the yard safety message.
I appreciate any insights and suggestions that you may provide. Furthermore, since my accident, I have had significant difficulties trying to find more traditional work. I appreciate any introductions that you might provide to facilitate a new career opportunity. I can be reached at (724) 347-4078. Thank you.
Sincerely,
Richard T. Mudrinich
Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man
2122 South Hermitage Road
Hermitage, Pennsylvania 16148

(August 2006)
Carnegie Mellon Entertainment Technology Center
Carnegie Mellon West Campus
Etcetera Edutainment – CEO, Jessica Trybus

Over the previous few years, I contacted several individuals (Jared Cohon, Don Marinelli, Randy Pausch, etc.) at the Carnegie Mellon University Entertainment Technology Center about collaborating on various education entertainment projects related to yard safety awareness.
Apparently, Carnegie Mellon decided to create the spin-off company Etcetera Edutainment to focus on industry safety applications.
I received a phone call from Jessica Trybus to discuss RRtGCM and yard safety.
Jessica Trybus spent time at the Carnegie Mellon Tepper School of Business entrepreneurship center seeking some guidance regarding business problems to apply entertainment technology applications.
At Tepper, Jessica Trybus was enlightened on the existence of Richard Mudrinich and the innovations of Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man in the world of yard safety – an inspiration for workplace safety and the eventual lauch of Etcetera Edutainment.
I have followed-up with Jessica Trybus about collaborating on yard safety edutainment software – to no avail.
Also, I contacted the Carnegie Mellon West Campus in Mountain View, California to introduce the concept of edutainment related to yard safety, including yard safety footwear.
I really believe that Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man influenced their decision to pursue the safety educational market niche.
I would be thrilled to collaborate with Etcetera Edutainment (as well as Electronic Arts and others).
I wish that I could talk with Dr. Randy Pausch about this situation.
I feel that Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man should receive an equity stake in Etcetera Edutainment.
Also, Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man wants to collaborate on developing yard safety edutainment software.

Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man recognizes that Carnegie Mellon has developed some existing relationships with various players in the green industry. Richard Mudrinich wants to collaborate on advancing his various genius yard safety initiatives that appear to be advanced without him.

Richard T. Mudrinich
Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man
http://www.rescuerick.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home