Sunday, February 05, 2006

Super Bowl XL

I really enjoyed reading the World Magazine Blog story "Pittsburgh's Tasmanian Angel" (February 3rd) on the religious faith of Troy Polamalu of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I grew-up near Pittsburgh, and I have been a long-time Steelers fan. Actually, the Pittsburgh Steelers organization have exuded faith throughout the years, including the Rooney family, the Immaculate Reception, etc.

In general, Pittsburgh is a great faith-based city. I have gotten to know some wonderful people by participating in the Pittsburgh faith-based community, especially through my participation in The Pittsburgh Experiment and Pittsburgh Servant Leaders. Also, I had the pleasure of working-out at a fitness center in my hometown managed by Jon Kolb, former member of the Pittsburgh Steelers and legendary NFL offensive lineman. Mr. Kolb is a humble Christian with a big heart and full of grace. Also, I met Dr. Marvin Olasky in Pittsburgh; he shared his amazing journey in faith. Indeed, Pittsburgh is a great faith-based city.

I live in the Greater Washington, D.C. region now. Actually, I live in a rooming-house partly due to financial damages incurred as the result of my severe lawn mower accident and various other bizarre twists of fate (not to be confused with my faith). Furthermore, there are several Pittsburgh Steelers fans in the DC region. Moreover, I have continued my faith-based journey with new people, yet still part of God's family.

I cannot wait for this Extra Large Super Bowl (Super Bowl XL). In particular, I cannot wait to savor the turf. I love fine turf at professional sports arenas. I am Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man, yard safety super hero and advocate for yard safety awareness.

I will now share another yard safety nursery rhyme.

Cut, Cut, Cut Your Grass
By Richard Mudrinich

Cut, cut, cut your grass
Safely in the yard.
Safely, safely, safely, safely
Safety is a guard.

Please follow yard safety measures. Think before you cut. It hurts. (tm)

I will now promote the City of Pittsburgh:

GO STEELERS! WIN ONE FOR THE THUMB. WIN ONE FOR THE PEOPLE OF WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA, WHERE FOOTBALL IS A TRADITION ON ALL LEVELS. PITTSBURGH OFFERS INTELLIGENCE PEOPLE WITH A STRONG WORK ETHIC - NICE PEOPLE. PITTSBURGH IS A GREAT CITY. VISIT OR MOVE TO THE CITY OF BLACK AND GOLD.

DO NOT FORGET ABOUT YARD SAFETY AWARENESS. I WILL NOW GO THE COMMUNITY TV ROOM AND WATCH SUPER BOWL XL. I WILL FOCUS MUCH OF MY VIEWING ON THE BEAUTIFUL TURF AT FORD FIELD.

GO STEELERS!

Rescue Rick the Grass Cut Man
http://www.rescuerick.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home